Karan Johar moves Amitabh to tears
Veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan was moved to tears when noted director and family friend Karan Johar praised his performance in "Sarkar Raj" during the premiere held at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards in Bangkok.
“When he (Karan) came out of the theatre after the premiere he said something that moved me to tears. He bent down and touched my feet and then said, 'I just want to remain here at your feet after seeing your performance.'
“I quickly pulled him up, as I always do and embraced him for long,” Amitabh wrote in his latest blog entry.
The actor was quite impressed when Karan expressed his appreciation for a technical aspect in a certain scene that featured Amitabh in “Sarkar Raj”.
“While he held me, he whispered in my ear the appreciation of one technical point in the film which I thought no one would ever notice, my scene in front of the photograph of Abhishek,” he stated.
“Karan has always shown great respect to both Jaya and me, by touching our feet in greeting. This has been very embarrassing for us. But not for him.
"Irrespective of where we are, he has always maintained that most traditional and endearing gesture, an indicator of his wonderful and cultured upbringing,” Amitabh wrote in appreciation of Karan.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The health ministry on Saturday said that close to 200,000 people were vaccinated on Day 1 of the drive.
- The Santacruz station of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) recorded a minimum temperature of 16.6 degrees Celsius, a degree below normal. This is the second lowest minimum temperature recorded this season following a mercury drop to 16 degrees Celsius on December 22 last year.
- The DoPT is the nodal ministry for the CBI and any administrative action against Class-I gazetted officers (DSPs) is approved by it while the CBI Director has powers to suspend Inspectors and below rank officers.
- The CM said that policies have been simplified and they would be further eased to help those wanting to contribute to Bihar’s progress in different ways.
- Billed as Asia’s oldest and India’s biggest festival, IFFI is being held in Goa since 2004. This year the festival will open with the Indian premiere of the movie ‘Another Round’ by Thomas Vinterberg.
- Glitches were reported from some districts from states including Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttarkhand.