Karunakaran advised rest for two days
Senior Congress leader and CWC Member, K Karunakaran was examined by doctors at a private hospital in Thrissur on Wednesday after he complained of pain in his knees.
The car in which Karunakaran was travelling had met with an accident on Tuesday at Puthangadi in Malappuram while he was on his way to Guruvayur from Kozhikode. He continued the journey to the temple town in another car. This morning he complained of some pain in the knees.
Karunakaran offered prayers at the Sri Krishna temple at Guruvayur this morning on the first day of the Malayalam month 'Karkidakam'.
Later he was examined at a hospital in Thrissur and was advised medication and rest for two days, hospital sources said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sangma said the mineral, weighing truckloads, which were dumped in a scattered manner, were being tallied.
- ‘Khukuri’ a brand of Nepalese cigarette has captured the market in the border areas of US Nagar, Champawat and Pithoragarh. Over 90% of smokers prefer to purchase and smoke this not due to taste but its cheap prices, said an official.
- In 2016, the Supreme Court had placed a ban on animal fights during religious and cultural festivals.
- Air quality had remained in the poor to very poor category since the beginning of January owing to low temperatures. On January 8, the AQI was the worst at 317 (very poor) for this year.
- For the first time, TMC’s youth unit president and chief minister Mamata Banerjee’s nephew Abhishek Banerjee stepped in to solve the crisis. He sent party spokesperson Kunal Ghosh to bring Roy to his office on Camac Street in south Kolkata and held a two-hour meeting on Friday.
- To meet Shah’s target of winning more than 200 of Bengal’s 294 assembly seats in 2021, the BJP has put together its biggest election machinery in the eastern state.
- More than 12,000 doses of the vaccine have reached Ladakh of which around 4,000 have been earmarked for armed forces personnel to protect them from Covid-19, the officials said speaking on condition of anonymity.
- MPW workers demand promotion and cadre-restructuring.
- Choudhury's comments came after the TMC had on Wednesday said the Congress and the Left should support Banerjee in her fight against the BJP, a suggestion rejected by the two parties.