Kumarsain: Is it really safe for Himachal Cong chief
This constituency has shot into fame since Himachal Congress president Vidya Stokes has chosen to contest from here instead of her earlier Theog seat.
The seat attains prominence not just because Stokes is a candidates but also because she has shifted here considering it a safer seat. BJP is leaving no stone unturned to make as unsafe as possible for Stokes.
Jai Bihari Lal Kachi of Congress had won the seat in 1998 defeating his nearest rival, an independent Ghan Shyam Dass by 9575 votes. Sandeep Kumar of BJP was a poor third. While Kachi had got 13413 votes, Dass got 9917 while Kumar bagged 6079 votes in that elections.
A massive turnout of 72.19 per cent was recorded in 1998 elections here.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Uttar Pradesh opened schools in a phased manner with physical classes for Classes 1 to 5 from Monday and for those in Classes 6 to 8, schools restarted from February 10.
- The states of Goa, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh have not imposed any travel restrictions so far.
- Nadda claimed that since the BJP was working to carry the country forward, therefore, those with the opportunity to work in the BJP were lucky
- Co-Win's citizen self-registration module will ensure fool-proof identification of deserving candidates for receiving the vaccines, the government has said.
- The prices of petrol and diesel in New Delhi on Monday stood at ₹91.17 per litre and ₹81.47 per litre respectively.
- The decision to bring in a slew of new rules to help the state curb the rising number of cases was taken by Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh after a meeting with health experts and senior officers on February 23.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.