What I did:
• Began Rs 314 lakh Balapura lift irrigation project for water supply in villages
• Construction of community centres in various areas
• Regularisation of slums and agricultural land
• Commissioning of the 6th unit of Kota thermal plant
• Upgradation of 30 schools at various levels
What he did not do:
Arjun Das Madan, BJP
Lost by 20,399 votes in 1998
• The picture of development projected by the MLA is untrue. The constituency known for its power generating units, has its villages devoid of electricity.
• No new roads were constructed.
• The MLA has done nothing for the workers of the closed unit of J K synthetics as per the ‘gratuity’ and ‘factory’ acts.
The Balapura lift irrigation scheme meant to benefit villages has failed to provide water. Where the farmers did not succeeded in providing their financial share in the scheme, meager availability of water in the canal also affected the scheme.