Moms, through their eyes
To some they mean love, to some their life, to some their anchors and to others their bosom buddies. Here is what some of the world famous rulers and authors had to say on their mothers.
1. The future destiny of a child is always the work of the mother.
-- Napoleon Bonaparte
2. I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
-- Abraham Lincoln
3. My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.
---George Washington, First President of the USA
4. Lord Illingworth: All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy.
Mrs. Allonby: No man does. That is his.
5. A mother's heart is always with her children.
6. He that would the daughter win must with the mother first begin.
7. A mother understands what a child does not say.
Jewish Proverb Sayings
8. God couldn't be everywhere, so he created mothers
Jewish Proverb Sayings
9. An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy.
10. The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world.
- ----W.R. Wallace
12.My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it.
- ------Mark Twain
13. You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool Mom.
14. "I am not a perfect mother and I will never be.
You are not a perfect daughter and you will never be.
But put us together and we will be the best mother and daughter we would ever be".
15. "A mother is someone who dreams great dreams for you, but then she lets you chase the dreams you have for yourself and loves you just the same."
16."A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie."
17."Who is it that loves me and will love me forever with an affection which no chance, no misery, no crime of mine can do away? It is you, my mother."
18."Mother - that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries."
------T. DeWitt Talmage
19. "A mother is the one who is still there when everyone else has deserted you."
20. "A mother holds her children's hands for a while, their hearts forever."
21. "The mother love is like God's love; He loves us not because we are lovable, but because it is His nature to love, and because we are His children."
22."Motherhood...What a glorious career!"
---------Author Unknown, from Not Just a Mom
23."There is a religion in all deep love, but the love of a mother is the veil of a softer light between the heart and the heavenly Father."
-----Samuel Taylor Coleridge