No trace of Quattrocchi, CBI tells court
Interpol has no clue to the whereabouts of the Italian businessman, wanted in connection with Bofors case, says CBI.india Updated: Apr 01, 2006 04:41 IST
The CBI on Friday told a Delhi court that the Interpol was unable to gather information about the whereabouts of Ottavio Quattrocchi.
The Italian businessman is wanted by India in connection with the Bofors payoff case.
"In spite of efforts made by CBI, Ottavio Quattrocchi could not be located by the Interpol authorities," CBI told Metropolitan Magistrate Sandeep Yadav in its second report on the Italian businessman in three months.
The earlier status report, filed on December 20, 2005, had also expressed the agency's inability to trace the Italian.
"A Red Corner Notice against Quattrocchi was issued by the Interpol in the year 1997 and is still in existence," the probe agency said.
Meanwhile, the court dismissed an application by advocate Ajay K Aggarwal seeking explanation from CBI why the court was not informed before the agency gave a no-objection to defreeze Quattrocchi's two bank accounts in London on December 22 last year.
The court dismissed Agrawal's application on the ground that he had no locus standi to approach the court as he was not a party to the case.
The court posted the case for further hearing on the status report on May 10.
First Published: Mar 31, 2006 21:23 IST