These Terms & Conditions are the complete and exclusive statements of the understanding between HT Media Ltd (HTML)india Updated: May 28, 2014 13:12 IST
Oneindia goafest contest terms & conditions
1. These Terms & Conditions are the complete and exclusive statements of the understanding between HT Media Ltd (HTML) & the Participant and apply to “_______________” a Contest organized by HTML. It supersedes all the understanding or other prior understanding, whether oral & written, and all representation or other communications between the HTML & the Participant. Participation in the contest amounts to acceptance of these terms & conditions.
2. The contest shall run from 29th May 2014 till 31st May 2014.
3. Participation in the Contest is purely voluntary and participants can send in their entries by way of (SMS) ONEINDIA space answer at . No entry fee is payable for participation in the Contest except Premium SMS charges, as applicable, charged by the respective telecom operator.
4. The contest is open for residents of India only .
5. Employees of HTML, sponsors of the prizes, associated agencies and their immediate family members and relatives are not eligible to participate in this contest.
6. HTML shall not be responsible for any cost, efforts, loss or damage suffered by the winner while participating in the Contest. And any Failure by HTML to enforce any of these Rules in any instance(s) shall not give rise to any claim by any person or Participants. Further HTML shall not be responsible in any way for failure/delays of any backend technology/resource and the resultant inability of a reader to send in his entry or register/participate in the contest.
7. Only correct entries received by HTML during the contest period shall be considered eligible for the registration/contest participation and HTML shall not be responsible for non-receipt of any entry. HTML does not take any responsibility for any errors arising out of incorrect or incomplete entries. Only those participants with the correct entry (as determined by HTML) shall be eligible to participate in the contest. HTML shall have sole discretion to determine any entry as correct/incorrect or internally sending it for further review.
8. The participant must use the mobile number for sending contest entries for which valid ownership proof can be produced. Multiple entries from the same mobile phone number shall not be accepted. At the time of collecting prize, winners shall be required to satisfy HTML that winning entry was sent by him/her by producing appropriate verification of their mobile number to HTML’s satisfaction & photo ID.
9. All correct entries shall be reviewed by HTML and basis on Decision of HTML with respect to selection of winners shall be final and binding upon the participants/winners.
10. The winners of the Contest shall be required to produce photo identity proof, proof of ownership of mobile phone number (from which the entry is sent) at the time of receiving the prize. In case false/fake identification details are submitted, the concerned participant/winner shall be disqualified.
11. Though HTML shall make every effort to declare the results of the contest on the due date for the prize draws, it shall not be responsible for any delay in announcing winners of the respective prize draws arising out of reasons beyond its control.
12. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML and can be used by HTML for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winners waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of HTML by participating in the contest.
13. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant’s/winner’s name, particulars, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this contest, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has won the contest. HTML may also require participants/winners to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTML has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/winners.
14. Notwithstanding anything contrary to anything stated in this document or otherwise communicated to or assumed/understood by Participants the prize of Return Air Tickets shall include the fuel surcharge and basic airfare (as applicable on the Air tickets) and the airport taxes and levies in relation to the Air ticket shall be paid separately by the concerned Participant Winner only.
15. Only the winners shall be informed by HTML in such manner as may be decided by HTML from time to time. And the winner must claim the Prize within 7 days from the date of notification of his/her winning or such other date as may be decided by HTML.
16. The winners of the prizes shall be required to come to the offices of HTML at “Hindustan Times House, 18-20, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi 110001” or such other place as HTML may notify, to collect their prizes on presentation Government of India issued proof of identification, photo ID Card/address proof/age proof and mobile ownership proof. All costs and expenses for collection of prizes shall be borne by winners.
17. The winner is solely responsible for any other expenses, loss or damages related to the acceptance/use of the offer or participation in the contest. Any levies, duties, incidental charges and taxes wherever applicable, shall be borne by the person availing the offer/prize. The winner may submit the proof of depositing the tax due on the prize (on the value of Prize ) (i.e. challan of depositing the tax) at the time of claiming the prize. Alternatively, HTML will be deducting taxes at source as applicable from time to time on the prize (on the value of the prize), therefore, the participant/winner claiming the prize must furnish his/her PAN number while claiming the prize to enable HTML in issuing TDS certificate to the winner.
18. HTML reserves the right to extend the date of the Contest or to cancel, or change the manner in which the contest is organized or discontinue or terminate the contest at any time or to accept or reject any or all entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever.
19. The prize(s) shall not be transferable or substituted for cash and no such request shall be entertained by HTML. This offer cannot be clubbed with any other offer.
20. In the event of any winner choosing not to accept a prize(s) or forfeit any and/or all claims qua the prize or if HTML is unable to reach/contact the winner at his mobile number from which entries were sent for the contest HTML shall have the absolute discretion to deal with such prize as it deems fit.
21. HTML shall not be responsible for any defects/inadequacy/deficiency in the prizes. HTML would not be liable to replace/exchange the prizes at any point of time.
22. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the activity is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
23. The contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the contest and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by HTML. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi.
24. All disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of DELHI Courts only.