PNB Housing Fin lowers interest rates by 0.50 per cent
Soon after public sector lenders like Canara Bank and Allahabad Bank slashed home loan rates PNB Housing Finance, a subsidiary of Punjab National Bank, on Thursday reduced rates by 50 basis points or 0.50 per cent.
While announcing a cut in the home loan rates, PNB Housing on Thursday said the reduced rates will be applicable to new borrowers with immediate effect.
The company has slashed the rates in view of the softening interest rate scenario throughout, PNB Housing said in a release here.
Meanwhile, the company has posted a growth of 76 per cent in its net profit after tax at Rs 28.87 crore for the nine- month period ending December 31, compared to Rs 16.40 crore for the corresponding period last year.
Led by the growing demand in the housing finance sector the company's total income witnessed a 51 per cent growth at Rs 159.97 crore in the nine-month period till December, against Rs 106.14 crore for the same period in the previous year.
"The company is looking at higher business volume in the coming months... (it) is entering into tie-ups for promoting individual loans in the projects of various builders across the country," the company's Managing Director V K Khanna said, while announcing the results today.
PNB Housing Finance, has raised about Rs 450 crore through bonds during the current financial year to fund its long term resources, it added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- India’s sedition law has an interesting past — it was introduced by the British in 1870, decided to be dropped from the Constitution in 1948 after discussions of the Constituent Assembly.
- India will also promote tourism by celebrating 2022 as the Visit India Year through a promotion campaign highlighting India’s strengths like heritage, culture, art, wellness and yoga.
- The ADG has constituted teams of police personnel from Aligarh to assist the Hathras police.
- The incident took place on Sunday afternoon, when the girl went to a wheat field, owned by the family of the accused, to collect fodder and water.
- The provisions under the new rules relate to the code of ethics for digital news publishers, setting up of a grievance redressal system and the requirement of disclosure of information to Centre, the ministry said.
- The instrument will support the 3.6 metre Devasthal Optical Telescope (DOT) in Uttarakhand, an official release from the department of science said on Wednesday.
- Lt-Gen BS Raju said a quiet LoC will allow us to address the challenge of terrorism in a focused manner.
- The central agency has registered a case on the basis of an FIR registered by Chennai Economic Offences Wing in September last year.
- Dhyani added that the burden on the ecology due to construction on Himalayan slopes made the region prone to disasters.
- Navlakha claimed in his petition filed through advocate Shadan Farasat that the 90-day period for filing of charge sheet was over and he was entitled to default bail under Section 167(2) of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC).
- Lama was being considered as the GJM candidate for the Kalimpong assembly seat in the coming polls later this month.
- Unhappy with the response, the bench headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde asked Solicitor General Tushar Mehta to appear in the case along with Additional Solicitor General (ASG) Vikramjeet Banerjee, who presented the note to the Court.
- The officer withdrew his request after an orthopaedic surgeon said his purpose would not be served by buying a horse.