Presidential Certificate for 28 customs officers
These officers have exhibited exceptional commitment and devotion to duty on a sustained basis.india Updated: Jan 25, 2006 20:25 IST
Twenty eight officers of the Customs and Central Excise Department will be honoured with Presidential Award of Appreciation Certificate on the Republic Day on Thursday for their distinguished record of service.
These officers have exhibited exceptional commitment and devotion to duty on a sustained basis, while achieving the goals set for their organisations, an official statement said.
The list of distinguished officers is led by B Ravichandran, who is additional director general (vigilance) in Chennai.
He is followed by two directors in the Central Board of Excise and Customs: Sungita Sharma and MM Parthiban.
Sandeep Kumar, additional commissioner in the Consulate General of India, Hong Kong will also get the honour.
Following is the list of other officers who will receive the award:
* Samanjasa Das, Additional Commissioner, CESTAT, Delhi
* D Krishnan, Additional Director, Directorate General of Systems
* DK Srinivas, Additional Director, DRI, Chennai.
* Madan Gopal Atri, Chief Enforcement Officer, Directorate of Enforcement, New Delhi.
* P Radhakrishnan, Deputy Director, DGCEI, Kochi.
* Sukhjit Kumar, Assistant Director, DGCEI, Pune.
* KS Ramesh, SIO, DGCEI, Bangalore.
* P Arul, SIO, DGCEI, Chennai.
* SS Bais, SIO, DGCEI, Raipur.
* Sukhdev Kumar Dua, Superin, Delhi-I.
* Satish Chandra Joshi, Supdt., Delhi-III.