Pudupettai leads the pack
Take a look at the top five Tamil films of the week.india Updated: Jun 01, 2006 14:21 IST
Director Selvaraghavan's Pudupettai, one of the most eagerly awaited movies of the year, has got an overwhelming opening and tops the list of Tamil hits.
The top five Tamil films are:
1. Pudupettai - Director: Selvaraghavan - The most eagerly awaited film but what a denouement! Though critics panned the film, it got a terrific opening and tops the list. However, everybody is unanimously saying that it is the biggest disappointment of 2006.
2. Thiruttu Payale - Director: Susi Ganesan - Thiruttu Payale has been appreciated by all and sundry - both critics and masses liked the film. Despite new releases, it continues to hold its position on the list.
3. Kokki - Director: Prabhu Solomon - No publicity and no big stars, yet the film is a welcome relief from the mindless, unintelligent flicks coming out regularly.
4. Pattiyal - Director: Vishnuvardhan - Since the release of Pattiyal, quite a few new films have hit the screens, yet it is one of the good performers at the box office. Even before its release, this gangster film was declared a sure winner at the box office.
5. Thalainagaram - Director: Suraj - Director Sundar C, who is actress Khushboo's husband, debuts as a hero with the film which has turned out to be a disastrous launch vehicle for him.