Ranvir Shorey puts on 15 kg for film
The otherwise lean Ranvir Shorey, known for his superb comic timing, can do anything for his close friend, actor-director Rajat Kapoor - even if it means putting on almost 15 kg!
"I weighed 72 kg earlier. But now I have turned 85 kg," Ranvir told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
"Putting on weight has been the toughest thing of my life. Basically, I am a thin person and it has been really difficult to put on so much weight. So nowadays I only eat and don't exercise," he said.
Ranvir, whose current diet comprises lots of potatoes, bananas and beer, has taken the risk of adding those extra pounds just for Rajat's upcoming film A Rectangular Love Story.
"I have done this only for Rajat and that is because nobody gives me roles like he does," Ranvir added.
A video jockey-turned-actor, Ranvir's role requires him to look fat throughout the film and he has been working towards it for "almost four and a half months".
Even though he had no apprehensions about putting on weight for the movie, he is now beginning to think about how long it'll take him to get back into shape.
"People keep telling me that it would take twice the amount of time that I have taken to put on this fat to finally lose it," he said.
So is Rajat happy and satisfied with Ranvir's weight gain for the look that he wants?
"Not really. My body type is basically not suited to be fat. So it is taking me all the more time to put on weight. And now Rajat wants me to put on some more."
Apart from Rectangular Love Story, Ranvir's upcoming movies include Ugly Aur Pagli, Singh is King, I am 24, TeesriManzil and Chandni Chowk to China.
Besides, two films he featured in - Khosla Ka Ghosla and Traffic Signal - have won National Film Awards.
"I am very happy that the two films won awards and I am proud to be associated with them."
A little inquisitiveness into his rumoured relationship with actress Konkona Sen Sharma and he retorts: "I don't discuss my personal life."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On October 29 last year, the top court had stayed a direction passed on October 20 by the Delhi High Court directing 2,318 undertrial prisoners to surrender in a phased manner.
- Deputy leader of the Congress in the Rajya Sabha, Anand Sharma, accused the party’s Bengal president and Lok Sabha member Adhir Ranjan Chowdury of diluting the party’s core ideology and the secularism by allying with Abbasuddin Siddiqui’s Indian Secular Front (ISF).
- This will be the first of the many public meetings Adityanath is scheduled to address in Bengal where the BJP is looking to unseat the led TMC.
- "Toll collection through electronic tolling has reached 93 per cent during the last fortnight after the FASTag was made mandatory," Gadkari said.
- The senior citizen said he would return on Tuesday with his wife on Tuesday o she could be administered her vaccine.
- The AAP has already announced it would contest the 2022 Uttar Pradesh assembly.