So you think omelettes can be made only of eggs... no here's a recipe of apple omelette. Read on...Updated: Mar 12, 2009 16:59 IST
* 1/4 cup butter
* 3 large apples: peeled, cored and diced
* 6 eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 pinch salt
* 1 pinch black pepper
* 1/4 cup heavy cream
* 1 tsp white sugar
1. In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add apples and saute until tender but not completely cooked.
2. Heat lightly-oiled skillet. Whisk together eggs, cream, salt, pepper and sugar. Pour mixture into skillet. When bottom of omelette begins to set, place half of the apple mixture on top.
3. When bottom of omelette is completely cooked, fold over and cook again. Serve warm.
Super scrambled eggs
* 6 egg whites
* 2 eggs
* 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/8 tsp pepper
* 1/8 tsp garlic powder
* 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
* 1 tsp butter
* 1 tsp olive oil
* 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 2 tsp minced fresh basil
1.In a bowl, whisk the eggs, whites wine or broth, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
2.In a large nonstick skillet, saute green pepper, onion and mushrooms in butter and oil for 3 minutes.
3.Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the egg mixture, cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Cover and remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
First Published: Mar 12, 2009 16:54 IST