Report into London bombings on Thursday
An official report into what happened before, during and after the deadly suicide bomb attacks in London last year will be published later this week.india Updated: May 10, 2006 08:57 IST
An official report into what happened before, during and after the deadly suicide bomb attacks in London last year will be published later this week, new Home Secretary John Reid announced.
"On Thursday, I will be relaying to the House of Commons our narrative of what we believe happened that day and where we think we can improve things," Reid said.
The narrative is the first detailed account of what took place on July 7.
Some 56 people, including the four Islamic extremist bombers, were killed and more than 700 were injured in the attacks on three London Underground trains and a double-decker bus at the height of the morning rush hour.
The cross-party Intelligence and Security Committee, which has members from both the lower House of Commons and the upper, unelected House of Lords, will also report separately on other aspects of the bombings.
Reid said he would be making no further comment until the report was presented to lawmakers.