Feel yourself inspired into Higher Realms of Consciousness with this section! The tales, poetry and inspirational tit-bits will provide the proverbial "Divine wind in our sails" on our journey through life's choppy seas! Surfers are invited to send in their contributions for this page to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contributed by Rani Sabharwal from Toronto, Canada
April 2004 is the month when we have to look into our jaded relationships: those that have lost their initial sheen, and now seem to drag us into boredom, and a sense of constant ennui. Relationships, like houseplants, have to be carefully nurtured; yet why is it that we let down our masks, and our guard, with the people we are closest to? Why is it that they are the ones who bear the brunt of our 'worst side', especially when it is not our intention to hurt anyone, least of all those we love dearly?
Let us use the brilliant bonding energies of this month to re-energize all those bonds that need an infusion of a revitalizing spiritual vitamin injection.
Sometimes it is difficult to talk to people close to us, to make them understand that 'love and harmony' is the motivating factor behind our remonstrations. They respond with refusing to be lectured on abstract conceptions, and do not desire any sort of evangelising.
It is for these dearly loved humans, whom we wish to help them, that we can start by talking to their souls silently, and pouring out our love-felt heart energies into theirs, along with a stream of pink and silver light.
Tell them all that you feel that they would not listen to, when you actually speak these thoughts aloud. Your thought vibrations will pierce their hearts like an arrow, and at the cellular level, a bond of understanding will be forged.
This is an amazing method, which has to be experienced to be believed! When you are about to sleep at night, send out your warmest love to those whom you feel have harmed you in any way, with the firm direction that there is no more discord between you, that the energy flow from heart to heart consists only of love and goodwill!
During the night, when both your physical bodies and minds are resting, the fertile ground for reception of these energies accepts them without any interference from the monkey mind. Then the desired results become evident in a few days! Now for a few practical tips from our 'best friend', our dog:
If Dogs Were Teachers
If dogs were teachers, you would learn stuff like:
1) When a loved one comes home, always run to greet them
2) Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride
3) Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy
4) When it's in your best interest, practice obedience
5) Let others know when they've invaded your territory
6) Take naps
7) Stretch before rising
8) Run, romp and play daily
9) Thrive on attention and let people touch you
10) Avoid biting when a simple growl will do
11) On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass
12) On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree
13) When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body
14) No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout -- run right back and make friends
15) Delight in the simple joy of a long walk
16) Eat with gusto and enthusiasm
17) Stop when you have had enough
18) Be loyal
19) Never pretend to be something you're not
20) When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently