Sacked minister Jamuna Nishad held
Former Uttar Pradesh minister Jamuna Nishad was arrested in Lucknow on Tuesday, three days after leading a mob attack on a police station that led to a constable's death.
Constable Krishnanand Rai was killed on Saturday night when a supporter of Nishad opened fire at the Maharajganj Kotwali police station following the alleged rape of two girls.
Chief Minister Mayawati then asked Nishad to quit as the minister of state for fisheries.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Since the last four days, Srinagar and other parts of Kashmir are observing freezing temperatures and a cold wave.
- The aim is to provide a level-playing field in media and a platform to redress public grievances against digital media
- Razdan said she has lodged a complaint with the police and requested “immediate steps to identify, apprehend and prosecute perpetrators of this abominable attack".
- Srinivasan had been on several long bike tours and expeditions, travelling to 36 countries and several continents, including America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- While Hindi and English have been mostly used during the proceedings of the House, members preferring to speak in the 21 other scheduled Indian languages has increased to over five times per sitting in 2020 compared to the 14-year period between 2004-17.