School bus owners hold protest rally
SCHOOL AND College Bus Owners Association today organised a rally to protest against the service tax imposed on their services by the Union Government.
There was no bus service today for school and college students. A delegation of the association handed over a memorandum to Governor’s office at Raj Bhawan.
The association will meet UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and other Central ministers to apprise them of their demand on January 26.
Addressing the gathering, association president Naseem Pervez said that if the Centre did not withdraw its decision after the token strike they would intensify the agitation.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- French foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian and finance minister Bruno Le Maire will be in Delhi next month while IAF chief Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria will be in France. At least 8 Rafale fighters will leave for India through mid-air refuelling by UAE between April 19 and April 23.
- The order also said that Kailashnathan will head an executive council set up for the purpose,
- The two-day trip to Dhaka will be Modi’s first foreign visit in 15 months
- The database uses Aadhaar-based data generated from key farm sector programmes such as PM-KISAN.
- From SC-ST social groups, reservations have expanded to OBCs, economically weaker sections
- The revenue in March may cross the record Rs.1,19,875 crore collected in January by at least Rs.10,000 crore.