Security beefed up for Advani
SECURITY HAS been beefed up in the State capital ahead of former deputy prime minister and BJP leader L K Advani’s scheduled visit on Wednesday.
As many as 1,000 policemen would be deployed in the security of the high-profile leader whose Bharat Suraksha Yatra would enter Bhopal on Wednesday night.
Almost half-a-dozen IPS officers including Range IG Sanjeev Singh, DIG Anuradha Shankar Singh and SP Anant Kumar Singh would be reviewing the security measures. Almost 20 gazetted officers would be pressed into service. Extra security measures would be in place at his public meeting. Meanwhile, the police are conducting surveillance and checking operations.
Advani’s Yatra would enter Bhopal at 9 pm on Wednesday. He would address the public meeting the next day at Kamla Park at 12 noon.
The leader would enter the City from Hoshangabad Road and stay at Hotel Lake View Ashoka at night. After addressing the public meeting at Kamla Park he would proceed towards Sehore at 2.30 pm.
Keeping in view Advani’s security, traffic arrangements would see some changes. After Advani enters Bhopal district from Hoshangabad side on Wednesday, the traffic on the route from Samardha village to Hotel Lake View Ashoka would be prohibited from time to time as per the Yatra’s position.
On April 27, Advani would drive to Kamla Park via Akashvani trisection, CM House gate No. 6 and Kilol Park. He would be back to the hotel using the same route. The traffic on this route would be prohibited for five minutes each before he went to the park and came back to the hotel.
The buses coming from Hoshangabad and Raisen side carrying the party workers and others for the meeting venue could go up to Polytechnic Square via Board office square, MP Nagar triangular crossing, Jail Ghati, control room triangular crossing, Gandhi Park and Aquarium.
After the workers get down, the buses would be parked at TTTI road on one side. The buses coming from Ratibad side would go to Polytechnic Square via Jawahar Chowk. The cars/jeeps coming from the route would be parked on MLB College ground.
The buses coming from Vidisha and Berasia side would go to Polytechnic Square via Hamidia Road, Bharat Talkies, Lily Square, control room triangular crossing and Gandhi Park.
The buses would be parked on TTTI road while the cars and jeeps would be parked at MLB College ground.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- French foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian and finance minister Bruno Le Maire will be in Delhi next month while IAF chief Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria will be in France. At least 8 Rafale fighters will leave for India through mid-air refuelling by UAE between April 19 and April 23.
- The order also said that Kailashnathan will head an executive council set up for the purpose,
- Congress is like an ocean, Gandhi said in the national executive meeting of the IYC, and if anyone wants to return can be allowed to do so.
- The two-day trip to Dhaka will be Modi’s first foreign visit in 15 months
- Parties urge Speaker, Chairman to reduce sessions amid polls; both Houses to begin at 11 am from Tuesday
- Additional sessions judge Sandeep Yadav convicted 35-year-old Khan, also known as Junaid, Salim and Anna
- The database uses Aadhaar-based data generated from key farm sector programmes such as PM-KISAN.
- Police data shows that some of the 522 passengers nabbed in last 5 years while carrying live bullets in their bags claimed they had done so unknowingly
- Private firms will likely claim that the law interferes with their constitutional rights to carry on trade freely
- From SC-ST social groups, reservations have expanded to OBCs, economically weaker sections
- The revenue in March may cross the record Rs.1,19,875 crore collected in January by at least Rs.10,000 crore.