?Shy students face development problem?
?Make knowledge interesting and encourage students to ask questions for their all round development,? said noted quiz master and author of around 30 books on general knowledge, Derek O? Brien.india Updated: Apr 07, 2006 01:08 IST
“Make knowledge interesting and encourage students to ask questions for their all round development,” said noted quiz master and author of around 30 books on general knowledge, Derek O’ Brien.
Talking to mediapersons here at private educational institute at Lahartara area on Thursday, Brien said, the shyness in a student was the main hurdle in the development and therefore the students should be made bold enough to put their queries before others.
Brien, also a recipient of Television Academy Award-2003, said ‘Jo Dar Gaya Wo Mar Gaya’ (One who got afraid, is dead). He said that general awareness was a must for the students.
“First of all, the students should be made good human beings as being a successful professional or businessman was a secondary goal. Students should also enjoy other aspects of their lives,” he said.
He said that all round development of a student was not possible by sitting before a computer alone.
“I ask how many kids climb a tree to pluck mangoes or how many of them enjoy downpour outside their residence?,” he questioned.
“You must read, you must hear and try to be happy,” he suggested the students. He said that the performance of a contestant of quiz contests was based on 51 per cent knowledge whereas the remaining 49 percent was over the presentation.
The quizmaster also interacted with around 500 students of various schools of Varanasi on Thursday and gave them valuable suggestions. It may be noted that Derek O’ Brien and Associates conducted a three month course of Knowledge Quotient (KQ) in Sunbeam School.
Chairman of the School, Dipak Madhok and Director, Bharti Madhok welcomed the guests. Executive Director, Harsha Madhok, Deputy Director, Amrita Burman and faculty member of the school were also present.
First Published: Apr 07, 2006 01:08 IST