THE NOMINEES FOR BUSINESS
Mukesh D Ambani: For revolutionizing retail, taking petroleum and a host of other businesses to dizzying heights and in the process becoming one of the richest men in the world.Updated: Jan 17, 2008 15:56 IST
01. Mukesh D. Ambani: For revolutionizing retail, taking petroleum and a host of other businesses to dizzying heights and in the process becoming one of the richest men in the world.
02. Anil D Ambani - For piloting an affordable info-com revolution and managing unprecedented financial muscle by heavy investments in infrastructure, power and capital.
03. Sunil Bharti Mittal: For building Airtel into India's largest mobile service operator and then successfully cornering a chunk of the fixed line telephony business as well.
04. Vijay Mallya: For acquiring liquor conglomerates to airlines to even a Formula 1 team and proving the King of Good Times was truly an audacious dealmaker.
05. OP Bhatt: For showing how a public sector behemoth could flex enough muscle in the ferociously competitive banking sector.
06. Kumar Mangalam Birla: For making the Aditya Birla Group into a world player and successfully ensuring that Idea emerges as a major player in the competitive cellular telephony market.