Throw tomatoes at Hrithik and Katrina!
Not content with on-ground and online promotions alone, Bollywood movies are now exploring gaming as a huge touch point to connect with their audience. Zoya Akhtar’s ZNMD and Rohit Shetty’s Singham recently developed movie-themed mobile games and entertainment apps.india Updated: Jul 28, 2011 18:19 IST
Not content with on-ground and online promotions alone, Bollywood movies are now exploring gaming as a huge touch point to connect with their audience. Zoya Akhtar’s Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (ZNMD) and Rohit Shetty’s Singham recently developed movie-themed mobile games and entertainment apps.
Developing games around popular movies has been a rising trend internationally. It is even treated as a stand-alone business proposition and goes on to cost anything between Rs 2000 to 3000 per game. Take for example, the recently launched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2 game, which is available for a PS3 platform in that price range. However, in India, these games are available for a price range between Rs 49-99.
Rajneel Kumar, business head, Jump Games, that has developed the ZNMD and Singham games agrees, “There is a huge fitment between games and movies today as it appeals to the youth. We create creative and exciting games around movies for both in India and global markets.” He adds, “ZNMD is youthful film and full of energy. The game has been developed keeping this zest and energy in mind and what better way to reach out to the target audience than through their mobile phones.”
* The game is based on the La Tomatina festival that takes place in Spain every year. The festival has people throwing and squashing unlimited tomatoes on their friends and relatives all day long. This game lets you do exactly that.
* It lets the user play as Arun (Hrithik Roshan), Imran (Farhan Akhtar) or Kabir (Abhay Deol) and be a part of La Tomatina.
* The objective is to aim tomatoes at the other two male characters in the game, which will help the user score points. But aiming tomatoes at females will lead to negative scoring, so the user needs to be careful. As the user progresses, the game starts getting tougher.
* The game is a stimulating action and racing game. The aim is to shoot down the enemies while driving several vehicles ranging from a Motorcycle to a SUV.
* The game allows users to play as Bajirao Singham (the lead character essayed by Ajay Devgn) and shoot down enemies on the streets of Goa while racing on bikes and SUVs.
* It features three unique environments and several missions to complete.
First Published: Jul 20, 2011 12:41 IST