Transformer fire injures three

Published on Mar 14, 2005 12:37 AM IST

THREE ADOLESCENTS were severely injured when a transformer caught fire near Kanchan Hotel, Latouche road, here on Sunday. Mohnish, Sumit and Harshit were playing cricket when a shot played by one of them landed the ball close to a transformer installed nearby.

HT Image
HT Image
PTI | By, Kanpur


THREE ADOLESCENTS were severely injured when a transformer caught fire near Kanchan Hotel, Latouche road, here on Sunday.
Mohnish, Sumit and Harshit were playing cricket when a  shot played by one of them landed the ball close to a transformer installed nearby.
All of them inadvertently ran after the ball but the moment they came in close proximity of the transformer, it exploded and caught fire. All three were seriously injured.
However, local residents without losing any time, rushed to the spot and rescued the boys from the raging inferno. The injured were rushed to the Ursala Hospital and given medical aid immediately by doctors.
Doctors attending the children confirmed that Mohnish and Sumit had sustained severe burns but  reported them to be out of danger.
The incident brings to the fore yet again the callous attitude of KESCo officials. Even though it is mandatory to cover all transformers with an iron cage to avoid any untoward incident, this guideline is rarely followed by the authorities of the power company.
In a similar incident, five persons, including two children, had lost their lives last year. But KESCo officials, it seems, have not learnt any lessons from the past tragedy.
——————-------

 

Get Latest India Newsalong with Latest Newsand Top Headlinesfrom India and around the world.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
SHARE
Story Saved
OPEN APP
×
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
My Offers
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Saturday, February 04, 2023
Start 15 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Register Free and get Exciting Deals