Jaipur to have night flights from June 1
The completion of ongoing construction work of parallel taxiway at Jaipur airport, scheduled for May 31, will see launch of four new flights and also result in easing of traffic congestion during the day time.
Night flights to Bangalore, Chennai and Pune will commence from Jaipur airport from June 1.
At present, the Jaipur airport is shut for operations from 10 pm to 6 am for the ongoing construction work of parallel taxiway. Once the track is operational, simultaneous landings and takeoffs will be possible and cutting the take off time by 4-6 minutes, an airport official said. The taxiway is being constructed from ATC tower to Jagatpura nullah.
While there are four flights from Jaipur to Bangalore, all operate during day time as the runway remains shut during the night. The number of flights to Chennai and Pune will double — from one to two — from June 1.
Flight number I5-1725 will depart to Bangalore at 00:45 am while another flight 6E-169 will depart for Bangalore at 4 am. Flight number 6E-736 for Chennai will depart at 10:25 pm and flight 6E-116 for Pune will depart at 10.15 pm. With the date changing past midnight, the bookings for night flights to Bangalore are from June 2.
The parallel taxiway will help in managing air traffic congestion. “It usually takes about 10 minutes for a plane to take off and during this time, the flight which is about to land has to wait. This leads to wastage of time as well as fuel,” an airport official said.
Considering the congestion, the union aviation ministry has decided to start the operations at old terminal.
At present, 61 daily flights operate from Jaipur out of which six are international and the rest are domestic. The schedule of four international flights will also change from June 1.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Several experts said that full-scale resumption of economic activity, near full people movement and laxity in compliance to Covid appropriate behaviour are reasons behind the recent spurt in cases.
- Protestors are staging a dharna with the woman’s body outside the sub divisional officer’s office in Bhinmal. They said they would not accept her body till the minor girl was rescued.
- Health secretary Siddharth Majahan said, “The vaccination is going on smoothly across the state. People are enthusiastic".
- Private hospitals can charge up to ₹250 for a dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.
- The girl said she was currently staying at her maternal house of her own sweet will but her family had lodged a false case of kidnapping against them
- Both leaders shared a helicopter for the first time after more than a year.
- The decision was taken in a review meeting chaired by chief minister Ashok Gehlot at his residence.