Rickshaw puller gets Rs1.4 lakh power bill for 2 months!
Two fans and two lamps are the only electricity-run devices at rickshaw-puller Babulal Prajapat’s two-room house in Kaman’s Prajapat Mohalla. The appliances though are not enough to beat the summer heat, but the middle-aged man has been fuming after the electricity department handed him a `1.4 lakh bill for two months on Monday.
“It seems ridiculous to have been issued such a hefty bill. I am a below poverty line (BPL) card holder and live in a small house with two rooms. We use just two fans and two lamps,” Prajapat told reporters. The rickshaw-puller has been issued a total of `1,42,800 bill for May and June by the Rajasthan State Electricity Board.
“It is beyond my capacity to pay such a hefty bill,” Prajapat said.
When Prajapat met assistant engineer (electrical department) of the Rajasthan State Electricity Board, Suresh Chand jain, to lodge a complaint in the matter, he was advised to approach the superintendent engineer’s office in Bharatpur for solution.
Jain told HT that he has received a complaint, but as he was not entitled to amendment it he advised the complainant to contact the superintending engineer’s office.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Private hospitals can charge up to ₹250 for a dose of the Covid-19 vaccine.
- The girl said she was currently staying at her maternal house of her own sweet will but her family had lodged a false case of kidnapping against them
- Both leaders shared a helicopter for the first time after more than a year.
- The decision was taken in a review meeting chaired by chief minister Ashok Gehlot at his residence.
- The state has prepared a new bill, the Rajasthan Prisons Bill, 2021, taking inspiration from the model jail manual.
- Several states including Maharashtra, Kerala, MP and Punjab continue to record high number of Covid cases.
- The core committee meeting will be chaired by state party chief Satish Poonia.
- The Congress government in Puducherry collapsed on Monday after the motion of confidence moved by CM Narayanasamy was defeated.