A day after the Messi magic
After their 1-0 win over Venezuela in a FIFA international friendly, Argentina paid homage to the Mother House, the headquarters of the Mother Teresa founded Missionaries of Charity, though their star striker Lionel Messi gave it a miss due to security concerns.
Later, the Argentine players led by Messi turned up for a full-fledged practice session at the Yuba Bharati Krirangan. They practiced for about 90 minutes in the evening with coach Alejandro Sabella.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The sharing of the remaining 217 seats will be concluded by January 31, said Pradip Bhattacharya, senior Congress leader.
- Reacting to Banerjee’s statement, the BJP said it was a diversionary tactic on the eve of the assembly polls due in March-April.
- The police have started a manhunt for the person who was funding the operation.
- “I am grateful to the prime minister that this event is being held in Kolkata. But you have no right to invite someone to a government programme and insult that person," she said.
- PM Modi was escorted inside Netaji Bhawan by Netaji's grandnephews Sugata Bose and Sumantra Bose.
- The central government is celebrating Bose’s birthday as Parakram Diwas - the day of valour.