US Vice President Kamala Harris makes history in purple attire by black designer
- For her swearing-in ceremony, the first female Vice President of the United States Kamala Harris made a statement in her purple monotone attire that was made by a black queer designer.
Last night Kamala Harris made history when she was sworn in as the first female Vice President of the United States. Not just that, Harris shattered a lot of records by being the first black woman and the first Asian American to reach such positions. That was not all, Harris also made a statement with the bright purple attire that she wore during the swearing-in ceremony.
Kamala Harris’ Purple Outfit
The Vice President of the United States chose to wear a monotone purple outfit for her swearing-in ceremony at the Capitol building. The long purple jacket that featured two pockets and was teamed with a matching knee-length dress was by the designer Christopher John Rogers. Rogers is 2020 CFDA American Emerging Designer of the Year. The 27-year-old who is a rising star in American fashion is also black and queer.
The 46th Vice President accessorised the look with a gorgeous pearl necklace and matching earrings by Puerto Rican-American designer Wilfredo Rosado. For the ceremony, the 56-year-old stepped into a pair of simple black heels and let her hair down. Harris has shown a commitment towards American designers during all this time, and that is something that was last observed during the tenure of former First Lady, Michelle Obama.
The Significance Of Purple
Purple is the mix of blue and red and in America, the colour is seen as the symbol of bipartisanship aka the bipartisanship of the Democratic Party and the Republican Party. First Lady, Dr Jill Biden also arrived in Washington in a similar colour imparting the same significance.
Kamala Harris’ Arrival In Washington
Even when the Vice President arrived in Washington she made a sartorial statement in an Oscar de la Renta black turtle neck dress. The knit crepe dress was teamed with a beige Pyer Moss coat on the inauguration eve where lives lost to Covid-19 pandemic were honoured.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Want to set mercury soaring when going for lunch or an evening out? Take fashion cues from Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic steamy look for The Girl on The Train promotions in a pink strappy twisted bustier teamed with wide-leg pants that look flirty enough to add drama to our summer closet
- Kriti Sanon recently gave us outfit goals as she stepped out in a bodycon denim romper with white accessories for casual outing. We can't help but marvel at the choices of the fashionista.
- For her much anticipated interview with the media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle wore a black silk dress and showed that she knows how to do maternity fashion right.
- Janhvi Kapoor recently stepped out in an ethereal flowy dress for a promotional event of her upcoming film Roohi. The dress that is worth ₹22k is one of our favourite looks donned by the actor.
- For a recent shoot, Kiara Advani wore a beautiful bralette and skirt co-ord set. The Kabir Singh actor made it clear that summer is here in her matching attire and we love it.
- Erica Fernandes has been serving one steamy look after another during her stay at the Maldives, be it in a powder blue bodysuit or acid wash bustier-skirt and fashionistas can’t help but take notes to slay at the next beach vacation
- Sara Ali Khan’s white ruffle cold-shoulder playsuit at Manish Malhotra’s house party last month made jaws drop in awe and set the mercury soaring but the good news is that you can add the ravishing ensemble to your vacay wardrobe too without burning a hole in your pocket