Why you should fall in love with a DU-ite
Our pick of interesting and curious crowd-sourced reasons to fall for someone who attends Delhi University.Updated: Aug 01, 2014 13:25 IST
2. Be it KNags or SN market, they know how to bargain and sport the latest trends at rock bottom prices. "Bhaiya Rs. 150 mein dena hai toh do, warna rehne do!"
3.Trained to Ninja their way out of jam-packed Metros and DTC buses, they can elbow you in the chin and get out at any stop with all their various bags intact. "Shopping at Vero Moda’s bargain Saturday? Piece of cake!"
4. Known for their superhuman strength, they walk for miles to attend events after they have traversed between classes situated in buildings kilometers apart. "Art Faculty to Ramjas college in seven minutes flat."
5. Have contacts enough to get you in on any of the youth fests. So what if you have seen Yo Yo Honey Singh and Indian Ocean perform five times already? "Yaar! Jugaad!"
6. They can eat questionable food items without even a shudder. Their metabolism is at par with their unparalleled defence mechanism."I have the stamina of a horse combined with a camel’s appetite. True story!"
7. Look perfectly turned out at the end of the most sweltering of days. "Vogue cover, here we come!"
8. Brave the most extreme of weathers. Their prediction abilities are unmatched."I knew it would rain today. That’s why I wore flip flops."
9. Know of all the cool eating joints and the safe items to order without ending up with upset tummies. Can take you on cheap but memorable dates. "Have you tried the so-and-so joint at Satya Niketan yet?"
10. Will rent a bicycle and take you around the campus. Expect a picnic at the ridge."Don’t feed the monkeys!"
11. They understand and equally appreciate the value of 5 minutes and 5 marks."I couldn’t attend my class, but not to fret, the photocopy chap has all the notes."
12. They have tried and tested all the secret and not-so-secret making out places. And have the best pick up lines. Ever."North Campus at 4 am is a delight. Have you heard the birds chattering behind the chemistry department?"
13. They can entertain you with snippets of known and unknown facts. "Did you know the Botany department has plant species from the ice age?"
(Photo credits: Manoj Verma and Saumya Khandelwal)