28 year old farmer hangs self in Hamirpur
A 28-year-old farmer committed suicide in Imlia village in Hamirpur district on Wednesday morning, police said.
While the farmer’s family claimed he ended his life after allegedly failing to pay off Rs 5 lakh loan taken from private lenders and relatives, police claimed he took the extreme step following a tiff with his wife.
Pooja Singh informed the police that while the family was sleeping outside the house on Wednesday morning, her husband Ranveer Singh got up and locked himself in the house.
She said Ranveer hanged himself before she could arrange help.
Pooja said Ranveer had taken a loan of Rs 5 lakh from private lenders and relatives but could not repay it.
Ranveer’s brother Ranjeet Singh said private lenders were building pressure on him for repayment of loan.
A police officer, however, claimed Ranveer had a tiff with his wife which could have driven him to end his life. “The body has been sent for post-mortem examination,” he added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- An excise department official said that besides checking suspicious dhabas along the highways, the stock available at excise shops will be verified in the drive against illicit liquor trade.
- The Muslim population in UP is 17-19%, but their share in the benefits of welfare schemes is 30-35%,” claimed the chief minister.
- The girl’s body has been sent for a post-mortem examination and the report is awaited.
- IndiGo said the passenger could not be revived and was declared dead on arrival by the airport medical team
- The court observed that there was a possibility that the mother could be convicted and the adverse impact of the event, if it were to come to pass, would far outweigh the transitory benefit the minor would derive from her mother's care and company.
- The new BJP office in Varanasi was built in about two year’s time at an estimated cost of around ₹6 crore, said a party leader.
- In a tweet, Akhilesh said that shifting of the lions was an attempt to kill the tourism industry in Etawah.