All schools to remain shut for two days in UP due to cold
All schools in Uttar Pradesh will remain closed on Thursday and Friday due to cold weather, according to a government order issued on Wednesday night.
The schools have also been directed to reschedule the practical board examinations that were to be held on both the days.
“Due to intense cold and cold wave conditions, all schools in the state up to Class 12th will remain shut on Thursday and Friday,” a spokesperson said.
Earlier on Wednesday, the district administrations in Gautam Buddh Nagar and Ghaziabad had announced closure of all schools over the next two days due to cold weather conditions.
A cold wave persisted in the state on Wednesday, with the minimum temperature in Lucknow being 10.6 degrees Celsius.
Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad recorded their minimum temperatures around 10 degrees Celsius.
The India Meteorological Department has predicted dense fog in isolated pockets over Western UP in the morning hours of Thursday.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- UP State Electricity Consumer Council has opposed the corporation's proposal, arguing that the demand for change in slabs was an attempt to hike tariff through the backdoor.
- The accident took place at 68 Milestone within limits of Naujheel police station of Mathura district, said a police officer.
- Aparna Purohit was at Lucknow's Hazratganj police station for nearly four hours to record her statement in connection with the FIR over Amazon Prime Video's web series 'Tandav'.
- The proposal for naming the airport as Maryada Purushottam Shriram Airport would be sent to the Union government that would take a final decision
- Uttar Pradesh now has three international airports – Lucknow, Varanasi and Kushinagar.