Another SP MP to defy party whip
Yet another Samajwadi Party MP, Raj Narain Budholiya from Hamirpur, has announced that he would defy the party whip and vote against the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) on the nuclear deal.
Two other SP MPs, Munawwar Hassan and Jai Prakash Rawat, had announced they would defy the whip. All the three claimed that the party had not taken them into confidence before deciding on supporting the UPA.
The rebel MPs have been claiming that there are at least 12 other SP Lok Sabha members who would defy the party whip and won't let the UPA government survive the floor test in parliament. However, none of the three has named even one of the dozen other MPs.
SP Lok Sabha member, Beni Prasad Verma, who turned against Mulayam Singh Yadav in the run up to the 2007 assembly elections and set up his own Samajwadi Kranti Dal, has said he will join the Congress and support the government.
Verma told reporters on Friday he had a meeting with Congress president Sonia Gandhi in Delhi on Thursday and assured her his support "along with a group of nine MPs". These MPs include Raj Babbar and Ateeq Ahmed.
As it stands Today, of the total 39 SP MPs three have announced they would defy the whip and the rest are still with the party.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- All joined at a membership event held in the presence of SP chief Akhilesh Yadav at the party headquarters.
- The 41-year-old doctor expressed complete faith in Covishield vaccine and said that all results have shown it to be an effective protection against the coronavirus and safe.
- All 15 police personnel were suspended for remaining absent from their duty points.
- A senior BJP leader said the party has some big plans for AK Sharma.
- After the legislative council election, the UP Cabinet is likely to be expanded before the crucial 2022 Assembly election, said a BJP leader.
- The girl came to Lucknow from Nepal in search of a job two years ago before she was misled and trapped by the main accused who worked as a security guard.
- The quick acceptance of his application for voluntary retirement has started a buzz in the BJP circles that Sharma may be sent to the Legislative Council in Uttar Pradesh.
- While currently nine domestic flights operate from Gorakhpur to all major cities of the country, an international flight from the newly-constructed Kushinagar airport will also commence soon, said the CM
- The first batch of the Covid-19 vaccines arrived by a special plane at Chakeri airport in Kanpur on Wednesday. Vaccines in stored in Varanasi are to be used in the divisions of Varanasi, Azamgarh, Prayagraj and Mirzapur.
- Questions are now being raised over the manner in which appointments are being made on various posts in the Congress in Uttar Pradesh.
- The high court had earlier directed the state and the Central governments to place before it a definite date and the intended programme detailing when and how the vaccination against Covid-19 would be done in UP.
- 51,000 healthcare workers have been listed in Lucknow for the vaccination drive.