Naxalism could be eliminated within three years: Rajnath Singh
Union home minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday said the menace of left wing extremism would be wiped out from the country within three years.
Addressing the 26th Raising Day Parade of Rapid Action Force (RAF) at the Bijnor camp of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Singh said, “Police force should be prompt and rapid but never reckless during riots and protests. One should know how to behave while controlling crowd. They should know when and how much force should be used.”
Singh’s comments came in the wake of the killing of an IT executive Vivek Tiwari by two constables in Lucknow on September 29.
Rajnath further claimed that districts affected by Naxal violence had come down to 10-12, as compared to 126 till a few years ago. “May be in next three years, left wing extremism will be completely eliminated from the country. This will happen with your (police force) determination, courage and hard work,” he said.
“Security forces killed 131 Maoists and militants and apprehended 1,278 others this year. At least 58 surrendered... in a year. I congratulate RAF and CRPF...”
He also asserted that Jammu and Kashmir, where CRPF was deployed as the lead counter-militancy force, had been and would be an inseparable part of India.
“Some youths there (J&K) have been misled into militancy but this force has ensured security which is commendable,” he said.
(With Agency inputs)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Progressive sugarcane farmers from every corner of the state will be invited and it is expected that many specialist producers of the agriculture and food processing sector will also visit the festival.
- 10 BJP and two SP candidates are in the fray in the legislative council polls for 12 seats. Their unopposed election is being seen as a foregone conclusion, provided none of the remaining candidates withdraw, which will otherwise make voting necessary.
- The order to lift the ban was issued after chief minister Yogi Adityanath approved a proposal to this effect on Monday, sources said.
- All joined at a membership event held in the presence of SP chief Akhilesh Yadav at the party headquarters.
- The 41-year-old doctor expressed complete faith in Covishield vaccine and said that all results have shown it to be an effective protection against the coronavirus and safe.
- All 15 police personnel were suspended for remaining absent from their duty points.
- A senior BJP leader said the party has some big plans for AK Sharma.
- After the legislative council election, the UP Cabinet is likely to be expanded before the crucial 2022 Assembly election, said a BJP leader.
- The girl came to Lucknow from Nepal in search of a job two years ago before she was misled and trapped by the main accused who worked as a security guard.