Nine-year-old boy hangs himself imitating TV stunt
A class three student died after he accidentally hanged himself trying to repeat a 'stunt' aired on a television channel in Vikas Nagar area in Lucknow.
Chandan Singh (9) died he after accidentally hanged himself while trying to perform the stunt after watching a reality show on the television on Saturday, station officer Vikas Nagar police station Sanjay Rai said.
He said that the boy was rushed to the hospital by his uncle where doctor declared him brought dead. The boy lived with his uncle who is a bank officer.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BJP president JP Nadda is expected to discuss party's strategy for the upcoming panchayat polls and preparations for the assembly elections. Nadda will also discuss co-ordination between the organisation and the government, said a BJP leader.
- The UP govt is discussing whether to opt for rotation or go by the Zero formula, where fresh reservation of panchayats would be ordered without factoring in their categorisation in previous elections.
- Prof Bandyopadhyay, a member of the biological sciences and bioengineering faculty of IIT Kanpur is the current occupant of KENT Entrepreneurship and Innovation Chair.
- A Congress MLC objected to Savarkar's portrait and termed it's inclusion in the gallery to be an insult to other freedom fighters, who he said, did not bow to the atrocities of the British during the freedom struggle.
- Progressive sugarcane farmers from every corner of the state will be invited and it is expected that many specialist producers of the agriculture and food processing sector will also visit the festival.
- 10 BJP and two SP candidates are in the fray in the legislative council polls for 12 seats. Their unopposed election is being seen as a foregone conclusion, provided none of the remaining candidates withdraw, which will otherwise make voting necessary.