10 genius ways to use your ordinary lip balm other than on your lips
To find out a few unique ways you can get more use out of your lip gloss - consider it a multitasker extraordinaire - just keep reading.more lifestyle Updated: Feb 07, 2017 18:00 IST
As the name implies, lip balm (and lip gloss) is meant for adding shine to the lips. But, the next time you pick it up, shift your thinking and look at this everyday staple as something more than a make-up solely for your pout.
To find out a few unique and clever ways to get more out of your lip balm just keep reading.
1. Lubricate a stuck zipper
Ever go to zip up your sweat shirt or any other sticky zipper and find yourself struggling more than you need to? Spread a little lip balm on the zipper and try again. The lubricating qualities of the balm will help to loosen up the stuck zipper and help you unzip or zip much more smoothly!
2. Moisturise dry nose
When you have a cold, apply some lip balm to your nose after you use a tissue, to protect the skin from getting all red and irritated.
3. Shine shoes
Want to add some shine and sparkle to your dull looking shoes? If you spread a little bit of lip balm and buff your shoes with a clean, dry rag, your chapstick will double as a handy shoe shiner! Try it out!
#stuckring #swollenfinger Has this ever happened to you? Can't take it off since last night. Tried lotion, baby oil, soap with water, bathroom cleaner, shampoo, ice water, floss technique, rubber bandage pressure. Made it worse. Was advised to keep my hand raised in cold compress and petroleum jelly until tomorrow before deciding to finally cut off the ring. Any other remedy? Help! Sakit😭🙋🏽💍
4. Remove a stuck ring
No need to pull and tug on your poor finger to try and remove that stuck ring. Simply coat the finger with lip balm and gently wriggle the ring loose.
5. As a hand lotion
Swipe some balm on really dry patches, then rub hands together to warm it up and make it more spreadable. Cover the cracked area with a nice thick layer, to seal in moisture and protect the area.
On your face
6. On the eyebrows: Use it to keep wild eyebrows hair in place, like brow gel. You can use it as a styling wax to groom even unruly moustaches or other hairs that may need taming.
7. On the cheeks: For a dewy look, simply dab a bit of gloss on your cheeks. It’s an easy way to give yourself an instant fresh-faced glow.
8. On the lids: Have a pink lip gloss? Pat it on lids to create a subtle rosiness.
9. Remove make-up: Put some on a Q-tip to clean up your eye make-up in a pinch (just avoid doing this with the minty kind!).
10. Before sleeping: Tap a little around your eyes to hydrate and minimize fine lines.