Rakshabandhan 2018, 5 budget-friendly gifts for your sibling
With just a few days remaining for Rakshabandhan 2018, you must be brainstorming for the ideal gift for your sibling. While there are many options available, coming up with a stellar gift idea every year is not easy, especially if you are running low on funds. Myna Batavia, founder, Green Carpet, and Sulagna Kapoor, co-founder, Gopursu.com share a few tips to help you choose budget-friendly gifts for Rakhi:
* Potted house plants: House plants make a thoughtful Rakhi gift and also brighten up homes and workspaces. They also improve the air quality and bring down stress levels. From aloe vera to lavender, there are plenty of options. Make sure to choose a good quality pot and tie a ribbon around it before handing it over to your sibling.
* Customised coffee mugs: Coffee mugs never go out of fashion. Make your sibling feel special with a customised coffee mug this year. You can either go for coffee mugs with quotes that aptly describe your sibling or the ones with their zodiac signs.
* Funky journals: Regardless of whether your sibling is an aspiring writer or not, you can always gift them a journal. Pick a memory journal if your sibling likes to pen down her thoughts on paper. For wanderers, a travel journal is a better option.
* Bags: Gift your sister an elegant, silk tote bag that is useful and beautiful. Baguette and satchel bags are also taking the fashion world by storm. Make sure to do your research before picking a bag for your sister. If she is a working woman, gift her a bag that is large enough to hold the essentials.
* Scarves: Scarves are a timeless accessory that can transform even the most boring outfit into an eye-catching one. Since the floral trend is going strong, you can gift a floral-printed scarf. If your sister has a bold sense of fashion, pick a scarf with animal prints. Headscarves are also a great choice since they are in vogue.
* Junk jewellery: Junk jewellery can be a great pick for Rakhi. Junk jewellery can be paired with western and ethnic outfits. You can pick neckpieces, rings, anklets, and bracelets in different sizes and designs. If your sister has a flair for fashion, she will definitely cherish the gift.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more