Tahira Kashyap: Family, husband’s support important for women with breast cancer
Author-filmmaker Tahira Kashyap, who recently joined the five-kilometre women’s marathon Pinkathon run, says family and husbands support is important for women who battling breast cancer.
Tahira’s husband, actor Ayushmann Khurrana, has been supportive in her journey. He also kept the karva chauth fast on behalf of Tahira two years in a row because she is on medication.
“You can’t share that pain or struggle with anyone else but when you have the support of your parents, husband, children, immediate family members and friends, then the struggle doesn’t feel like struggle. I think the journey becomes easy, lovable and joyous. All of us thrive on love, so I really wish that each one of us is surrounded by a lot of love,” said Tahira, while interacting with the media at the promotional press conference of 8th edition of Bajaj Electricals Pinkathon Mumbai 2019, along with Milind Soman in Mumbai.
Last year, Tahira wrote a powerful post about being diagnosed with stage zero breast cancer and revealed that she was undergoing a mastectomy. She returned to work after months of treatment and is still under close medical attention, and she regularly posts updates on Instagram encouraging cancer awareness.
“I really wish every husband and every wife is there for each other through thick and thin. I was really surprised and shocked when Milind (Soman) said that a lot of women, when they have cancer, especially in a rural belt, are abandoned by the men of the house. Everyone goes through struggle in their life but if you have the support of your people, family members and loved ones, the journey becomes a bit easy and joyous. I really wish that all the men support their women as much as my husband did and that’s how it should be.”
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text.)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sonkashi Sinha lays perfect style tips to break all the fashion records on a work-day in a dainty pink suit set with bell-sleeves and gorgeous pastel colour-base that has left us hooked with its must-have appeal for our summer closet
- A recent snippet from Alia Bhatt's gym session has gone viral on the internet and her fans are in awe of the actor and her body transformation.
- Want to raise the hotness quotient while looking effortlessly trendy? Search no further and take fashion cues from Radhika Madan whose fun and fearless style for Netflix series ‘Spotlight’ looks fresh as spring in an off-shoulder scarlet crop top, jeans and red heels
- For a promotional event of her recently released film, The Girl On The Train, Parineeti Chopra showed how to slay in an all-black attire and add extra oomph to it.
- Recently, images of Ananya Panday nailing various variations of the Chakrasana landed on the internet and left her fans speechless. Have you seen them yet?
- Alia Bhatt and Mrunal Thakur were recently snapped wearing the same dress. The green coloured midi dress is a great pick for summer season. Who do you think wore it better?
- A new study has revealed that postmenopausal women who consume lots of plant-based protein are less likely to die suddenly or have cardiovascular infections and dementia-related demise.