Teenager dies of electric shock after wave hits hoarding at Worli sea face in Mumbai
Mumbai city news: In a freak accident, Pratik Bhamne was electrocuted when a wave hit the illuminated hoarding causing the metal bus structure to pass currentmumbai Updated: Jun 02, 2017 15:59 IST
A 15-year-old SSC student was electrocuted at Worli sea face on Tuesday, as a wave hit the illuminated hoarding atop the steel bus stop.
According to the police, the incident took place when Worli resident Pratik Bhamne was waiting at the bus stop.
“During high tide, waves must have hit the bus stop and the hoarding. The electric supply from the hoarding, steel bus stop and water may have passed current, leading to the freakish incident,” said a police officer.
The Worli police have filed an accidental death report. They are awaiting a report from the Mumbai Weather bureau, on the basis of which a FIR will be registered.
Pratik took the SSC examinations this year and was awaiting the results, which are likely to be declared next week.
Akhilesh Singh,deputy commissioner of police (zone III), said, “We are investigating the matter thoroughly. We have asked for reports from the Mumbai weather department to check whether there was a high tide on Tuesday evening.”
First Published: Jun 02, 2017 12:26 IST