13/7 blasts: custody of two accused extended
A city court on Friday extended the police custody of Naquee Ahmed and Nadeem Sheikh till February 27 in the 13/7 triple blasts case.mumbai Updated: Feb 18, 2012 02:14 IST
A city court on Friday extended the police custody of Naquee Ahmed and Nadeem Sheikh till February 27 in the 13/7 triple blasts case.
The prosecutor for the anti-terrorism squad (ATS) told the court all those listed as Naquee's friends on his facebook account would be checked.
The ATS prosecutor said, "We also need to take the two out of the state for investigations on this front."
Demanding their further custody, the prosecutor said the ATS had recovered a duplicate key, from Naquee and Nadeem, to the flat at Habib building in Byculla where the two planters had stayed before and after the blasts.
"We need to investigate on this front as the planters identified in the CCTV footage are probably known to the two accused," the prosecutor said.
The ATS had also recovered a duplicate key to the activa scooter used in the blasts from the duo.
Naquee and Nadeem's lawyer said the two had been in ATS custody for a long time and there was no need for further custody.
The lawyer asked if Naquee's arrest was genuine and alleged the ATS was harassing Naquee's brother Taquee. The ATS clarified Taquee's case was different and he had nothing to do with the present case.
First Published: Feb 18, 2012 02:13 IST