Fire breaks out in shop at Lohar Chawl
Fire broke out in a shop at Lohar Chawl on Mangaldas Road in south Mumbai and soon spread to nearby shops on Tuesday night.mumbai Updated: Sep 16, 2010 02:55 IST
Fire broke out in a shop at Lohar Chawl on Mangaldas Road in south Mumbai and soon spread to nearby shops on Tuesday night.
No one was injured in the blaze because all the shops were closed, a fire official said. At 10.45 pm, a local resident noticed smoke coming out of a hardware shop and alerted the fire brigade.
Four fire engines and a water jetty rushed to the spot and managed to douse the blaze within an hour.
The fire officials said the blaze broke out in a hardware shop because of a defect in the wiring, which caused a short-circuit. The fire soon spread to shops located close to each other, the officials added.
First Published: Sep 16, 2010 02:54 IST