Six-year-old boy succumbs to injuries
Two days after an LPG gas leak sparked a fire at Kandivli (West), injuring 14 persons and killing a two-year-old girl, another victim, a six-year-old boy, succumbed to his injuries.mumbai Updated: Mar 11, 2013 02:07 IST
Two days after an LPG gas leak sparked a fire at Kandivli (West), injuring 14 persons and killing a two-year-old girl, another victim, a six-year-old boy, succumbed to his injuries. The deceased, Mohammad Afzal Shaikh, had sustained 90 % burns and died on Saturday during treatment at Sion hospital.
According to the Kandivli police, the incident was reported around 7.15pm. Paswan was checking whether the LPG cylinder was empty, when the gas came into contact with lighted material, which led to the fire.
“Paswan was trying to empty the cylinder in an adjoining drain when the gas came into contact with a lit beedi that one of his associates had flung in the drain. A ball of fire erupted from the drain which led to the mishap,” said an official from the Kandivli police.
All those injured were bystanders who reside in the vicinity. A fire engine and an ambulance were sent to the spot and the injured were rushed to Bhagwati and Chauhan hospitals and Shubham nursing home.
The Kandivli police had arrested a scrap vendor, Bablu Paswan, 30, on negligence charges in the case. Two of his associates are also wanted. Preeti Yadav, 2, had sustained 80 to 85 % burns and succumbed to her injuries during treatment at Nair hospital on Friday.
First Published: Mar 11, 2013 02:05 IST