Three air india international flights hit by pilot stir
State-owned airline Air India (AI) could be headed for fresh trouble over the Boeing 787 Dreamliner training issue.
Three AI flights to prime international destinations — New York, Toronto and Chicago — were affected on Saturday as pilots did not report for duty.
While the Delhi-New York flight, which was to depart at 1.45 am on Saturday, hadn’t left till late on Saturday night, the Delhi-Toronto flight scheduled to depart at 2 am left only at 5.30 pm. The Delhi-Chicago flight was also delayed as the airline management scrambled to arrange for pilots after seven pilots rostered for duty reported sick.
An AI official said that a Delhi-Singapore flight for Sunday had been cancelled.
Pilots belonging to AI as it existed in the pre-merger days and who fly international routes are unhappy with the management’s decision to allow pilots belonging to the erstwhile Indian Airlines (IA) to train for the Dreamliner.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The IMD had forecast that minimum temperatures in and around Mumbai would drop owing to cold winds from the north.
- The labourer, who died, was working near the machine and he got trapped between the upper and lower portion of the machine, said a railway official.
- The additional local train services, being added from Friday in Mumbai, will only be available for the restricted categories of commuters allowed to travel on the network currently.
- “From last 60 days, these farmers were sitting patiently, asking for the farm laws to be withdrawn but the government displayed no serious intentions,” said Pawar.
- The HC stated that section 8 of the Pocso Act, which penalizes physical contact with sexual intent without penetration, did not apply here as the minor was still wearing her clothes when the accused groped her.