Adele, Cowell paint portraits for Queen
Singer Adele and music mogul Simon Cowell have unveiled self-portraits for a special art project marking Queen Elizabeth II's upcoming Diamond Jubilee.
Actor Richard E. Grant, singers Bryan Ferry and Sir Cliff Richard have also contributed artwork for the tribute, which will use 100,000 paintings from stars and school children to make a giant image of the British monarch as she celebrates 60 years on the throne.
The work, to be unveiled April 19, is expected to smash a Guinness world record for most artists working on the same art installation, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Adele's painting, which incorporates false eyelashes, tin foil for earrings and the Union Jack, will be auctioned for charity May 12.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BTS singer Jungkook was the talk of the town with his surprise VLive followed by his statements on his upcoming mixtape, dubbed JJK1, on Saturday.
Jonita Gandhi: Music industry is still male dominant and there’s a certain stereotyping that’s happening with women
- Sajid Khan of the Sajid-Wajid fame has said in a recent interview how Salman Khan has been supporting him after his brother Wajid's death last year.
- Last year, BTS singer Jimin caused a frenzy among Indian BTS fans when he said he watched 3 Idiots.
- BTS singer V confirmed that his mixtape would feature 13 songs. This revelation has left the fandom, ARMY, in an emotional state.
- Nick Jonas has released the title track from his new album Spaceman. The singer revealed that most songs on the album are musical love letters to Priyanka Chopra.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Renowned Punjabi singer Sardool Sikander died on Wednesday. Several Punjabi and Bollywood celebrities remembered him on social media.