AR Rahman's music school creates Indian version Michael Jackson's songs
"It is a wonderful opportunity for KM to be creating Indian influenced covers of these tracks from such a legendary musician. We hope to capture the spirit and essence of Michael Jackson’s music and infuse them with elements from different Indian traditions to make new musical masterpieces showing homage to his legacy," says Fathima Rafiq, executive director, KM.
The tracks will be available for download and streaming by end of June. "Although KM primarily teaches Western and Indian Classical music, working on MJ’s music demonstrates how connected popular music is with its classical past tradition," says Adam Greig, academic coordinator, KM.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BTS singer Jungkook was the talk of the town with his surprise VLive followed by his statements on his upcoming mixtape, dubbed JJK1, on Saturday.
Jonita Gandhi: Music industry is still male dominant and there’s a certain stereotyping that’s happening with women
- Sajid Khan of the Sajid-Wajid fame has said in a recent interview how Salman Khan has been supporting him after his brother Wajid's death last year.
- Last year, BTS singer Jimin caused a frenzy among Indian BTS fans when he said he watched 3 Idiots.
- BTS singer V confirmed that his mixtape would feature 13 songs. This revelation has left the fandom, ARMY, in an emotional state.
- Nick Jonas has released the title track from his new album Spaceman. The singer revealed that most songs on the album are musical love letters to Priyanka Chopra.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Renowned Punjabi singer Sardool Sikander died on Wednesday. Several Punjabi and Bollywood celebrities remembered him on social media.
- BTS served a treat for their fans as they appeared on the recent episode of MTV Unplugged. RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook performed two tracks from their album BE, Telepathy and Blue & Grey, while covering Coldplay's Fix You.