Dhinchak Pooja is not the only one, we all love to hate these 7 cringeworthy songs
Do you ever find pimple-popping videos on your Facebook timeline? Does an unexplained, irrational need to click on it take over you? You know it will be horrible, you know it will make you feel nauseous and yet you get excited as the pus-filled extravaganza buffers for your viewing pleasure. There is a weird satisfaction to it.
A similar, boil-popping, blackhead-pulling, feeling is felt when you listen to cringeworthy songs. Case in point? A particular songbird called Dhinchak Pooja.
Her song Selfie Maine Leli Aaj has raked in 10 million views, enough to put her in the league of many moderately respectable singers (don’t worry, we aren’t putting her there). And the views are only exploding everyday thanks to people’s fascination with all things weird.
Now that we know what people dig, here’s a list of 7 equally daft, equally ugly songs to caress your ears and heartstrings. Let us know if you want a listicle on pimple-popping videos too.
1. The Delhi Metro Song (Hamra Delhi Ke Metro Ghuma De)
Now we know this video only has 80,000 views but that just gives it more indie cred. The song an amazing tribute to the lifeline of Delhi (introduced by Sheila Lovely???), mentioning even important stations like Anand Vihar. The main dude is clearly more interested in the dancer on left whose stupid choice in pants and the unfortunate happening with the green screen make it look like she has no legs. But then, this whole video is unfortunate.
2. It’s My Life
But those were our ears that you battered with that song! The very good bad boy in a thousand adjective tells you what all he can be (Kids Lover???) featuring a woman with a very intriguing accent.
3. Mere Husband Mujhko Piyar Nahi Karte
Sunil Grover did his best to cash in on Rinku Bhabhi but managed to ruin ‘Mera Toh Jindagi Hi Kharab Ho Giya’.
4. Eye To Eye
I curse the moment I undertook this story.
108,770,776 views. UGH.
“Kickin’ in the front seat
Sittin’ in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?”
Well, you got a seat on this list.
6. What Does The Fox Say
The fox is telling you to never make a song again.
7. Psy-Gangnam Style
How could we forge this? The grand-daddy of them all. The one that made cringe cool. Psy’s Gangnam Style is still the world’s most watched video, inching ever so close to the 3 billion views mark. Because there are only 7 billion people on this planet and not many of them have access to YouTube, we are going to assume many of us watched Gangnam Style more than once. Why would we? Well it sure is weird but the dance moves make a great argument. Also, no Delhi baraat is complete without the dance party doing the horse move on the dance floor once.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BTS singer Jungkook released an alternative bridge of the group's song Dis-ease. The 45-second clip has the BTS member singing in English.
- Bigg Boss 13 star Shehnaaz Gill romances Badshah in new song Fly, but 'looks part Indian-part Thai'. Watch the video here.
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- BTS singers Jimin and V graduated from Global Cyber University. The duo has been conferred with the Presidential Award as well.
- Singer Shreya Ghoshal has announced her first pregnancy. She is married to Shiladitya M since six years.
- Singer Harshdeep Kaur and husband Mankeet Singh have welcomed a son. They had earlier shared several posts trying to guess the baby's gender, wondering if the child would be a 'Singh' or a 'Kaur'.
- BTS singer V released his vlog on YouTube, which featured a few behind-the-scenes glimpses at his song Snow Flower with Peakboy, his workout session, and more.
- BLACKPINK member Rosé shared posters to confirm that she will make her solo debut on March 12. Her fellow BLACKPINK members Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie extend their support.