Taher Shah’s new song Farishta makes fans’ ears bleed: ‘Government should play it on streets to keep people home’
Even though fans weren’t expecting greatness from Taher Shah’s new song, everyone reacted with disappointment when the singer released the music video for Farishta on Friday. Essentially a translation of his cult hit Mankind’s Angel, the video is completely animated.
The video has over 1,00,000 views on YouTube, with the ‘dislikes’ far exceeding the number of ‘likes’. “UNSC recommended all countries to play this song on the street so that people stay at home,” one person wrote in the comments section. “Coronavirus: Finally a worthy opponent! Our battles will be legendary!” wrote another. One commenter even compared the release of the song to other tragic events that have happened in 2020, such as the Australian bushfires and the coronavirus pandemic.
On Twitter, fans shared memes to express their disappointment with the song. “I set this as my alarm. Now I wake up one hour before the alarm to make sure I turn it off,” one person wrote. Another person shared a picture of a man pouring Harpic into his eyes, joking about the pain of watching the music video. “Tahir Shah literally spent 4 years translating angel into farishta,” one person wrote.
Here are some reactions:
Earlier this week, another song was roundly criticised on social media. Tanishk Bagchi’s remix of AR Rahman’s Masakali was slammed by fans, as well as Delhi-6 director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, lyricist Prasoon Joshi, singer Mohit Chauhan and Rahman.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Singer Nick Jonas shared his thoughts on BTS, to the delight of the pop group's fans. Here's what he said.
- BTS singer Jungkook released an alternative bridge of the group's song Dis-ease. The 45-second clip has the BTS member singing in English.
- Bigg Boss 13 star Shehnaaz Gill romances Badshah in new song Fly, but 'looks part Indian-part Thai'. Watch the video here.
- Rohanpreet Singh was bowled over by Neha Kakkar's "hotness" in their glamorous new photoshoot together. See pictures here.
- BTS singers Jimin and V graduated from Global Cyber University. The duo has been conferred with the Presidential Award as well.
- Singer Shreya Ghoshal has announced her first pregnancy. She is married to Shiladitya M since six years.
- BTS leader RM, during a conversation about India, revealed that he was familiar with Daler Mehndi's hit Punjabi track Tunak Tunak Tun and confessed he sang the song in middle school.
- Singer Harshdeep Kaur and husband Mankeet Singh have welcomed a son. They had earlier shared several posts trying to guess the baby's gender, wondering if the child would be a 'Singh' or a 'Kaur'.
- BTS singer V released his vlog on YouTube, which featured a few behind-the-scenes glimpses at his song Snow Flower with Peakboy, his workout session, and more.