Sonia tells state units to take a call on hosting ‘iftar’ parties
NEW DELHI: Congress president Sonia Gandhi has decided not to host Iftar this year in view of the prevailing drought but state units have been given a free hand to take a call on the issue. The party has decided to distribute the ration among the poor instead of spending money on hosting the event at a five-star hotel. “It has become more of a photo opportunity event,” said a senior leader.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Earlier this month, CBI in the first charge-sheet in the case had named BSF Commandant Satish Kumar and Murshidabad-based businessman Enamul Haque along with five others for their alleged involvement in cattle smuggling across the India-Bangladesh border.
- The bench, also comprising Justices L Nageswara Rao and S Ravindra Bhat apart from Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde were of the view that magistrates should play a more “intrusive” role in investigation.
- Police said the accused and the victim were in a relationship for a year, but of late she had been avoiding him.
- The national carrier at present is operating only special passenger trains since the curbs on lockdown were eased. Regular passenger trains have been suspended since March 25, 2020.
- Both the casualties took place due to IED blasts.