Jewar ‘rape’ murder: Women record statements before the magistrate
Later, after giving the statements, the family members expressed dissatisfaction with the initial medical reports that did not confirm rape.noida Updated: May 27, 2017 23:04 IST
The four women, who were allegedly gang raped by highway robbers in a field off the Yamuna Expressway while travelling from Jewar to Bulandshahr, recorded their statement before the magistrate on Saturday.
The women’s statement was recorded on Saturday afternoon in Greater Noida under Section 164 of the CrPC and a copy of the statements will be given to the investigation officer.
Later, after giving the statements, the family members expressed dissatisfaction with the initial medical reports that did not confirm rape.
The victims also narrated their statement of rape, which they had already made to the police in a written complaint. Family members said they have no reason to change their statements and expressed hope that swift action will be taken against the culprits.
They said they maintain what they had said before the police — that the women were taken one by one to the fields by the robbers and raped after the men were tied up with duppattas.
The women said that they do not accept in the initial medical reports and said the forensic laboratory in Lucknow, where further tests are underway, will confirm rape.
“We have no reason to lie about the rape and it is disgusting that the officials made the primary report public. They should have waited for the final findings to be given by the forensic science laboratory,” one of the women said.
They also said the highway robbers were not known to them and they could not recognise them. They also said they were gang raped and jewellery stolen from them.
The women also narrated their ordeal to a member from the National Commission for Women (NCW) who visited Jewar on Saturday.
Meanwhile, a police officer said they are awaiting the final statements to take the investigation forward. One of the four women had earlier given a statement that the three of the six suspects could be her neighbours. On Friday morning, she retracted this statement.
First Published: May 27, 2017 23:04 IST