Ghaziabad: Mother at 15, parents want retest of girl’s age
The police say her age is 18 years while her family claims she is 15 years, as per her school certificates.noida Updated: Sep 12, 2017 11:13 IST
The case related to a girl who delivered a baby boy at the district Women Hospital on September 6 now rests on confirming the medical age of the mother.
The police say her age is 18 years while her family claims she is 15 years, as per her school certificates.
The police had filed a final report in the case in April earlier this year.
Hindustan Times on Monday accessed her medical certificate dated March 10, 2017 in which the government doctors say her is 18 years. “... her appearing age may be taken about 18 years,” the certificate said.
The medical examination was conducted by the doctors and released by the office of the chief medical officer after the girl was recovered by police.
The girl went missing in December 2016 and was recovered after nearly four months. Her father said that she was produced before the court and her medical examination was also done but the parents were told only a couple of hours before her statements were recorded before a magistrate.
“The police connived with the accused persons and pressurised my daughter to give statements. We want her age test to be done again. Her school transfer certificate shows her age as 15-year-old. We will approach the district magistrate and request her to order the test again to bring out the truth,” said the father of the girl.
The father also met the members of documentation centre for women and children (DCWC) on Monday and gave the written statements of his daughter and also application in which he alleged police laxity in probe.
“The written statements of the girl, his father’s application and other documents will be sent to district magistrate through the district probationary officer. It is up to the district magistrate to order the age test as the officer is empowered and can give orders. When we met the girl at the hospital, she appeared to be minor. It is also questionable as to how the medical test of the girl was conducted without any permission from the court,” said Shalini Singh, member DCWC.
“I have also given in writing to the DCWC that we will not be keeping the child after all such happening with my daughter. Further, I also have no financial backing to support the child as such,” the girl’s father said.
Following the FIR, the police on April 2, 2017 filed a final report against the accused in the case after finding no evidence. The police, in a reply to the national council for protection of child rights on September 7, have said that the allegations against the accused in the FIR were found to be incorrect.
The police have also submitted the signed memorandum of the girl in which she denied conducting an internal medical examination at district Women Hospital after she was recovered. They also claim that the girl went on her own will and not abducted by then accused Mithun Yadav.
First Published: Sep 11, 2017 22:29 IST