One arrested for Ghaziabad murder over tethered cattle | noida | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 19, 2018-Sunday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

One arrested for Ghaziabad murder over tethered cattle

The prime suspect allegedly used his licensed gun to fire at the duo when they objected to his tethering cattle in front of their house

noida Updated: Sep 14, 2016 01:35 IST
Peeyush Khandelwal
Peeyush Khandelwal
Hindustan Times
Bheem Nagar,national highway 24,double-barrel gun
The two families had a long-standing dispute over the arrested suspect tying cattle outside the victims’ house.(Sakib Ali/HT Photo)

The Ghaziabad police arrested on Tuesday the man who allegedly shot dead a 25-year-old man and his grandmother over a minor altercation at Bheem Nagar near NH-24 on Monday evening.

Krishnavir Singh alias Kishan, the prime suspect, allegedly used his licensed double-barrel gun to fire six to seven rounds at the duo when they objected to his tethering cattle in front of their house. The two families have adjacent houses separated by a common wall at Bheem Nagar.

Following the incident that killed Ravindra and his grandmother, Prem Wati, 60, residents went on a rampage and blocked NH-24 for several hours on Monday night.

Kishan, who is from Jewar in Gautam Budh Nagar, had fled on a bike with his son Monu soon after the incident.

“Monday’s altercation over tethering of cattle was nothing new. There were previous arguments with Kishan a month ago and also six months ago. But he tethered his cattle repeatedly and never listened to our requests. Just before the incident, my son objected to this... the man got infuriated, brought his double barrel gun and said he will end the issue once and for all...” Rajendra Singh, Ravindra’s father said.

Ravindra was the second of two brothers and three sisters. He had just completed his B.Pharma course and planned to open a pharmacy.

“He (Kishan) was so furious that after he shot Ravindra, he went to fire at Prem Wati who resisted his assault... but she was also shot dead. Later, seeing that Ravindra was still alive, he fired shots at him again to ensure that he is dead. Listening to gunshots, my younger daughter had come out but she ran inside to save herself,” Rajendra said.

Kishan operates a car-wash centre at the ground floor of his house. Ravindra’s family runs a tent and decoration business.

The family filed a police complaint based on which the police registered an FIR for rioting and murder under sections of the IPC and under provisions of the SC/ST Act at the Vijay Nagar police station. The FIR mentions six suspects -- Krishnavir Singh, his sons Monu and Akhilesh, brother Satendra, and two relatives, Sunny and Satish.

Police teams nabbed Kishan on Tuesday and recovered the double-barrel gun that was licensed in his name from Gautam Budh Nagar around six years ago.

“After the incident, he had escaped on a bike along with his son. Our teams nabbed him near a hospital at Vijay Nagar. He said he fired six to seven rounds at the two victims. We also recovered two live cartridges from him,” KS Emmanuel, senior superintendent of police, Ghaziabad, said.

“The post-mortem examination reports are awaited. A search is on for the other accused persons. After the incident, Singh’s other family members also fled to avoid any backlash by the victim family and local residents,” he said.

First Published: Sep 14, 2016 01:35 IST