* Gagan Narang’s first win was his 10m air rifle gold at the 2003 Afro-Asian Games in Hyderabad.
* At the 2006 Doha Asian Games, he won three bronze medals, in 50m and 10m rifle events.
* At the 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games, he won gold in the 10m air rifle individual and pairs events as well as the 50m rifle 3-positions event.
* In the 2008 World Cup final in Beijing, he shot a perfect 600 in qualification and set a world record by aggregating 703.5.
* At the 2008 Beijing Olympics, he was in good form but it didn’t translate into a medal in the 10m air rifle event. He finished 9th, just missing out on a spot in the finals.
* At the 2010 Guangzhou Asian Games, he won silver in the 10m air rifle individual and team events.
* At the 2010 New Delhi CWG, he retained the 10m air rifle individual and pairs gold as well as the 50m 3-position individual and pairs events.
* At the 2012 London Olympics, he won bronze in the 10m air rifle event.
* At the Glasgow CWG that year, he won silver in the 50m rifle prone event and bronze in the 50m rifle 3-position event.
First Published: Aug 08, 2016 17:23 IST