4-year-old boy dies as gate falls on him at Nabha animal fair
The residents have alleged that low-quality material was used in the construction.punjab Updated: Aug 07, 2017 12:32 IST
A 4-year-old boy died while his 8-year-old brother was seriously injured as the main gate of the animal fair ground fell on both the kids when they were playing near the gate on Sunday.
The unfortunate incident shocked the residents of the city. They have condemned the ‘low-quality’ material used in the construction at the ground.
The building at the ground was inaugurated in 2012 by then rural development minister Surjit Singh Rakhra.
Labourer Harbans Kumar, who lives near the ground, said his sons Ram Kumar and Sham Kumar had gone to play at the ground, but the gate of the ground fell on them.
He said the fruit vendors opposite the ground rushed both to the hospital, but Ram died before he could reach the hospital. Sham is under treatment for his head injuries in a hospital.
The neighbours have demanded compensation for the grief-stricken family.
First Published: Aug 06, 2017 23:22 IST