Get ready to fly to Singapore from Chandigarh
Air India Express to fly thrice a week to Sharjah from Sep 15; to announce Singapore flight date same daypunjab Updated: Aug 25, 2016 23:53 IST
Two weeks after announcing to start flights from Chandigarh to Sharjah from September 15, Air India Express, a subsidiary of AI, on Thursday said it would also start operations to Singapore from the city soon.
The date of starting flights to Singapore will be announced on September 15, officials said. The Sharjah flight will be thrice a week.
Addressing the mediapersons here, K Shyam Sunder, chief executive officer (CEO), Air India Express, said, “The flights will be on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. Initially, a return ticket will cost Rs 9500. We will also increase the flight frequency on the Varanasi-Sharjah route from three flights a week to daily and introduce a daily service from Trichy to Sharjah.”
“For Sharjah flight, 50 seats have already been booked and we are expecting good response from the region,” he said.
Station manager, Air India, MR Jindal said, “Air India Express is a low-cost carrier and has all 186 seats in economy class. As a practice, a low-cost carrier charges for anything served on board, whereas Air India Express being subsidiary of Air India will serve on board food boxes, along with tea/coffee free of cost. Also, schedule will be modified during winters,” he said.
Flight frequency, schedule
• Flights: Monday, Thursday, Saturday
• New Boeing aircraft 737-800 with all-economy class186 seats
• Departure from Chandigarh airport to Sharjah at 6:15pm and arrival at Sharjah airport will be at 8pm. Total time taken in the journey will be 3:15 hours. The local time difference between India and the UAE is approximately 1:30 hours.
• The flight departure from Sharjah to Chandigarh will be at 12:45pm (local time) and it will arrive in Chandigarh at 5:15pm.
• Fare: The introductory fare of a return ticket Rs 9,500.
Bookings for tickets
• Booking for the tickets can be made either on www. airidniaexpress.in. Tickets can also be booked at carrier’s local office (SCO 162-163-164 Sector 34A, Chandigarh). Ticket booking staff can be contacted at 0172-2624941-943, while the airport office’s number is 0172-2242201. The helpline number is 18001801407.
Chandigarh-Dubai flight from September 26
From September 26, a daily non-stop Chandigarh-Dubai flight will start. Indigo was the first airline to announce international operations from Chandigarh at an all-inclusive return fare of `9,999. The airline had started the sale of tickets from July 31.